Q: What is Automation Testing and Why Automation Testing is Required?
Ans: Automation testing is nothing but the tester writes scripts by own to automate the manual testing to test the entire product in less time with all possible set of data. Automation testing uses to find new bug in previous working functionality.
Automation Testing is Required –
- To re-test the entire product in less time with all possible set of data
- To building better quality software with less effort
- To save time and money
- To improve accuracy and reliability of the product
- To reduce repetitive manual work
Q: What is TestNG Automation Testing ?
Ans: TestNG is an open source automated testing framework that introduces annotations and attributes that make automation more powerful and easier. TestNG controls the flow to execution of the code and provide the test result report. To know more about TestNG the click here for TestNG Tutorial .
TestNG is inspired by JUnit and NUnit. TestNG is a testing framework designed to meet all needs to automate web application testing including unit testing, regression testing, functional testing, end-to-end testing, integration testing, etc. TestNG is more powerful and easy to use. TestNG supports Data-driven testing.
Selenium WebDriver does the WebElement verification and validation but TestNG makes a framework. TestNG provides a set of annotation to control the flow to execution. For example, you have written test cases for Login, Read Mails and Logout. Your automation first check the login, if Login fails then there is not point to test other test cases.
TestNG Automation Testing Features :
- TestNG comes with a set of Annotations.
- Produce HTML Reports of execution
- Flexible configuration
- Support data-driven testing (with @DataProvider annotation)
- Powerful execution model
- Supported by Eclipse, IDEA, Maven, etc.
- Default JDK functions for runtime and logging
- Dependent methods for application server testing
What You Can Do With TestNg –
- Run test framework
- Parameterize from testng.xml
- Parameterize with DataProviders
- Ignoring tests
- Set time-outs
- Run test cases in parallel
- Test cases can be Grouped & Prioritized
- Generate HTML Report of execution
- Use Object Oriented Programing Concepts
- Use Annotations to control the flow of execution of the script