Disclosure: Below some links are my referral links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you make a purchase through referral links in this Post but I will not earn commission if you make a purchase through links in Sponsored Post and paid reviews. Thank you for your support !!!
Having the latest software in your phone is always exciting. We have been hearing about how to update Motorola Droid Razr Maxx to Android 4.4 KitKat. The news was out a few months back and even though Motorola had kept their customers waiting for a bit long, now the update has been made available in all their phones.
- The update can sometimes erase all the data stored on your phone. So, make sure to back up your data before updating.
- USB debugging has to be enabled on the phone.
- The battery has to be full charged or at least 50% charged.
- Download and keep the ROM files and G apps necessary for the update.
How to update Motorola Droid Razr Maxx to Android 4.4 KitKat?
You will receive a notification message asking for the update. Do not worry. Even if you do not receive the message, you can perform the update. Just follow the below instructions.
- Go to your Apps menu and select “Settings”.
- There, select “About phone” and then select “System updates”.
- This will start the software download and when it finishes, press “Install now”.
- When installation completes, the phone will undergo an automatic restart.
After the restart, you can start enjoying Android 4.4 KitKat on your phone.
If you receive the update notification message, the procedure is much simpler. The software download happens automatically, after which you have to press the “Install now” button. At the completion of installation, the phone restarts with the updated Android version.
As soon as the phone receives the Android 4.4 KitKat update, the theme changes to a jelly bean one. It may look a bit confusing at first. But, do not worry. It is just an initial friction which is sure to move away and you will love what is yet to come on your phone.
Android 4.4 KitKat, comes with a color emoji support and a stronger security. The notification bar on the home screen looks transparent and the power use becomes smarter. A new full screen mode has been introduced and the phone is capable of closed captioning support.
The “touch to focus” option has been included to give a smarter screen control and image quality. The latest version of Google Hangouts has also been made available that has integrated MMS and SMS messaging options.The software update is free of charge and can be downloaded from the official Motorola website link.